Proving big things can come from small minds.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Round 2

        I have lost all faith in movie reviews. I don't have a theater degree nor have I been to broadway, so I have never learned to dig really deeply into the process of fine film making, but can't a movie be just good to watch. I read terrible reviews of the new Batman movie and they took some of the wind from my sails about going to see it. I caught it this afternoon and I was wondering what movie the critics had seen. I won't break it down for you here, but I'll just say that I won't waste anymore time reading the opinions of film school drop-outs.

        On a lighter note, I have a confession to make. I have been online for a long time as far as "online" is concerned and in all this time I have never shopped on ebay until 2 nights ago. I was probably one of the last hold outs, but I gave in and ... I liked it. I was looking for this certain coffee pot and could find it nowhere, on a whim I did an ebay search and found not one but six of them. One was really pristine and exactly what I was looking for, but I lost track of the time and I was outbid on it. I felt like someone had kicked me in the gut, I felt so cheated. Long story short, that auction process could be very addictive (Not to imply that I liked getting kicked in the gut).

        My wife experienced ebay for the first time that same night and I found out later that she was shopping for bedding. From the way she was explaining this to me I undestood her to say that she was betting. I start explaining to her that ebay is an auction and you aren't betting on it but bidding and you actually have to pay for it. She gives me this "what planet are you from?" look and I start replaying the conversation back in my head where I quickly realize my error... My wife is brillant and I had forgotten that. Oops. Sorry for that babe.

        Morning comes early when you have 3 small children, so I will end this for the night, but be sure to remember the lessons of the day: Movie critics suck, I have an addictive personality, and my wife is beautiful and brillant. Not bad for 14 hours of consciousness, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger D. Mayrantus said...

I have found in this life that the best laughter is the hysterical, snorting, choking kind. So, don't hold back on my account. Also, thanks for spending the 4th with us. It's times like these that make holidays special.

9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home